Omega - bulb monitor sensor - robert
Hi,

I'm having problems with false messages on the message display saying that I have a blown bulb. None are actually blown and the next step is to find the control unit which tells the display whats at fault. Just for good measure I've changed all the bulbs monitored to no avail.

It is clearly shown in the Haynes manual as P25 - Bulb sensor module - but I can't actually find the module anywhere obvious and its a bit cold to start searching.

Its the size of a packet of cigarettes, has one connector and is help in place by 2 screws.

If anyone knows exactly where said unit is located I'd be very pleased to hear from them!

Regards .......... Robert
Omega - bulb monitor sensor - pmh
Possibly a little off target, but may help.

Some early sensors ( certainly Volvo) worked on the differential current drawn by the different sides of the car (by a 'pair' of bulbs). Sometimes when replacing a single bulb (using different make), after a singlr bulb failure, the sensor would still detect a current differential and not extinguish. Hence replace bulbs as matched pairs.

What happens if you take out all bulbs and then start adding them back?

pmh (was peter)
The Vx circuit monitors each of the four bulbs separately and then combines the outputs (open collector) to produce a single error condition.

I've changed all four bulbs now and get the same condition.

If I can get to this senor unit then I can start to see if the unit is producing a false output or I have an even more expensive fault with the multifunction display module.

Thanks for the comments though .....
Omega - bulb monitor sensor - Bob Chen
Dear all,

I'm having the same problems as Robert encountered. It would be very appriciated that anyone who could tell me where that sensor is located on Omega.

My car is Opel Omega 2.5 V6 CD.

Thank you guys.

Best Regards, Bob
Hi Bob,

With mine it trnspired that it wasn't the sensor after all.

Exactly which message are you getting?

Reason was that the stop/tail lights will fit the n/s either way round - but "sort of fit" the o/s - result a bad connection!

Look at the bulbs carefully and you will see that they should only fit one way.

I understand the sensor is up under the dash - but exactly where I don't know!.

Regards ........ Robert

Omega - bulb monitor sensor - lauriew
Usually a bulb-fail sensor will compare the current flow at either side of the car and will include the number plate lights.
Therefore the problem may not be at the bulb but on the circuit feeding the bulb(s),(ie high resistance contact or poor connection)