Megane moans - midlifecrisis
I have a close relative whom sells Renaults for a living. He currently drives a two week old 'new shape' Megane. In those two weeks the hand brake has failed, all electrics have ceased to function, car has refused to start twice.
He comments that he can mark in his diary when a clio will be returned to the dealer. Four weeks after delivery they will be returned due to an airbag warnng light illuminating.Four out of five Lagunas will be returned at some stage ddue to electric problems.
As he says, "I only sell 'em, I'd never buy one."
Would you?
MLC
Megane moans - Cardew
See the European Car of the Year thread!
Megane moans - T Lucas
Would you expect anything better from a Renault?
Megane moans - James_Jameson
I've had the best service of all my cars from French cars and most recently, 5 years' reliability (though with some small niggles) using an Espace. Others, like a Jetta GTI and Ford XR2 (from new) both had some major problems.
Megane moans - Lofty Boy

The underside of my 08 Megane resembles a rusty horseshoe.

Edited by Lofty Boy on 21/03/2010 at 04:10

Megane moans - Altea Ego

Lofty boy, did you realy have to scatter the entire forum and every single post with anything to do with Meganes about a vague reference to RUST under your megane.

ONe post with even the tiniest amount of detail might have been more useful!

Megane moans - getafix

according to beakdown statistics released by adac.de, the german car owners association, Megane cars and Renaults in general are not worse than their european equivalent in general, and since 2006 above par

www1.adac.de/auto_Motorrad/pannenstatistik_maengel...#