Vectra l Vectra B - Which is better - change
Hi all I have recently posted regarding a swap with a rover 45 for my 1999 1.8 vectra in which all your advice was great and stopped me making an obvious mistake.

Now I would like to ask if a swap with a 1997 Audi a4 1.8 would be worthwhile. I would like to know if the mpg would be any better with the Audi than the vectra even though they are both the same engine size.

Both cars are roughly the same milage and both have mot. Not sure regarding service history but again trying to get some general advice before contacting he seller again and arranging to meet.

Cheers
Vectra l Vectra B - Which is better - Avant

It's certainly worth a look, but repairs to Audis can be expensive so you'll need to check its service history if it has one and try to find out what sort of a life it's had.

With any 13-year-old car, condition is more imnportant than make or model, so be prepared to cast the net wider. If you need that size of car, the advantage of a Mondeo or another Vectra is that there are more around to choose from. Also see if there are any sound Avenses, Primeras or Accords about.

Vectra l Vectra B - Which is better - change
I have been looking around other cars but asi do not want to spend any money I'm stuck with swaps and for some reason vauxhalls get a bad rep ven though mine has been great. Therefore some people either want some cash or are not wanting to swap.

Is the mpg for both cars similar?
Vectra l Vectra B - Which is better - ajs2

At that age a relaible car is key. If it's nots broken then i would keep it. To answer your question the motorway i guess the Vectra might use less fuel while the Audi.