vauxhall vectra cdti 150 - wheel brg noise only at 40mph?? also slight clunk - carnut1980

hi all, i have a 54 reg vectra cdti 150 manual with 91k, there is a wheel brg type grind between 35-45mph, but is silent above 45mph. I thought the noise would get worse with speed but it goes completely, also sometimes theres a slight clunk from the front when i release the brake pedal, only half the time, usually after braking fairly hard then releasing. Finally the brake pad light is on but all the pads are new, any ideas on these? Im kind of baffled, cheers

vauxhall vectra cdti 150 - wheel brg noise only at 40mph?? also slight clunk - piston power

hi all, i have a 54 reg vectra cdti 150 manual with 91k, there is a wheel brg type grind between 35-45mph, but is silent above 45mph. I thought the noise would get worse with speed but it goes completely, also sometimes theres a slight clunk from the front when i release the brake pedal, only half the time, usually after braking fairly hard then releasing. Finally the brake pad light is on but all the pads are new, any ideas on these? Im kind of baffled, cheers

Jack up the wheel and spin it any noises?

Could be cv joint which is a bearing any noises on cornering?

Check brake for not binding.

vauxhall vectra cdti 150 - wheel brg noise only at 40mph?? also slight clunk - carnut1980

no noises but slight forward/backward play in nsr wheel, had the hub done on that a few weeks back, im not sure its a w. brg because the noise disappears with speed. ATS euromaster dont know, the clunk might be the brake piston sticking, im told? cheers