Ford Focus II (07) 1.6 TDCI - Where is my ABS pump? - lupofocus

Hi,

I need to get the part numbers off my ABS pump so I can order a replacement but I can't find it i.e. it's not obviously under the bonnet anywhere. Can anyone help?

The garage gave me the part number 1468868, but the breakers I've spoken to don't recognise this. The say they need one like '4F512M110CA' or '10.0206.0017.4'. I found one for sale on ebay Poland which said it was a 1468868 which had the numbers 3M51-2C405-HC and 10.0206-0301.4 on the pump and 10.0960-0125.3 on the controller. Does this look correct? It might be an odd one since the car has the ESP factory-fit option.

Thanks, lupofocus

Ford Focus II (07) 1.6 TDCI - Where is my ABS pump? - elekie&a/c doctor

The abs modulator/electronic unit sits in the engine bay on the bulkhead,low down on the left (passenger)side.What is the problem with it?

Thanks elekie&a/c doctor , I've found the ABS pump now but can't get a close enough look to get the part numbers. The garage said that the pressure sensor had failed, and that the whole pump would have to be replaced (£1,400). But they said that they would fit a second hand one if I supplied it. I'm just trying to make sure that I get the correct pump.

Thanks, lupofocus

Don't waste your time with a s/hand unit.This a a very common failure on this unit and a similar make abs system is fitted to numerous manufacturers models.Bmw;Vag etc.Tell them to fix it under warranty even if it has run out.An abs unit should be expected to last longer than 3 years.As a last resort there are several companies now fixing these without replacement of the complete unit.What is interesting,is that Bmw have recognised the problem on these and now offer a replacement modulator for around £170.

Ford Focus II (07) 1.6 TDCI - Where is my ABS pump? - Collos25

Very true I had this happen to my BMW repaired it for 2 euros and a drop of solder the biggest con is the one on the Honda normally a 1 euro diode that goes and they want £1400 in the uk..

Thanks for your helpful info. I'd be interested if you had details of where to go to get these cheap fixes.

I've wheedled some more info out of the garage. The ABS unit (1468868) can be ordered in 2 parts: ABS control module (1453410) and Valve Modulator (1692659). The valve modulator is much cheaper than the control module. But the garage says that they don't know which would cure the fault i.e. whether the pressure sensor is in the valve modulator or the control module(I would have thought that that was their business). Any ideas?

Anyway, I called Ford CRC. They said it was a technical matter and refered me to their technical helpline (premium rate number, of course). Trouble is I can't call premium rate numbers from my office. Hopefully they are open early so I can give them a try tomorrow.

Any further advice very welcome.

The pressure sensor is in the valve modulator.What is really annoying ,is that on previous models the pressure sensor could be replaced as a seperate part .It just screws into the valve body and costs around £70.So much for progress. For a more realistic fix,try these.hth

http://www.actronics.co.uk/

Ford Focus II (07) 1.6 TDCI - Where is my ABS pump? - focussed

Don't mess about with it , try these people:-

http://www.ecutesting.com/ford_focus___c-max_abs_pump_mo.html

Turnaround 2-3 days on your pump.

Thanks again. The valve modulator is only £164 which is less than ecutesting etc web sites say they will repair the pump for. I'll see if I can get the garage to replace just the valve modulator then.

SUCCESS! I had the valve modulator replaced for £305 inc. parts, labour and VAT. The ABS, traction control and ESP are now all working correctly. That's a huge saving on the original quote for £1,400. Thank you all who helped me out with ths problem.