Peugeot 206 - Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Please Help - adam f

Evening all,

The engine light started flashing this evening after i finished work. It flashed constantley the whole way home.When i got home i unplugged the Batteryhoping that the ECU would "reset" itself but it hasn't.

When driving it feels very lumpy and suffers a loss of power under load.

I serviced the car yesterday, changing the oil, oil filter, air filter and pollen filter. I did NOT change the the spark plugs. It was running sweet yesterday.

I have just taken it for a quick drive now and as soon as i pulled away the light came on again and it was losing power intermitently.

Please help as i dont have the money to take it to Peugeot for a computer check!!

Adam

Peugeot 206 - Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Please Help - Collos25

Have you disturbed the MAF and damaged it ,sounds like its going into LHM double check all connections electrical and air to make sure you have put everything back as it should be.

I have double checked and i cant see of feel anything loose.

Its definitly not the o2 sensor as I have had a look this morning and that is conected in its correct place with the blue connector.

I went out this morning and started the car up, the EML came on straight away and the car started chugging very bad.

I have a mobile mechanic coming out at lunch time so I will update the thread with his findings. Adam

Peugeot 206 - Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Please Help - Karenl89

Hi Adam, what was the problem with your car because the exact same thing started happening to my car now. The car passed its MoT last week and the light started flashing a few days ago. Im also finding the car jumpy to drive. Would be great if you could let me know what was wrong with yours and how much it roughly cost! Thanks Karen

Peugeot 206 - Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Please Help - Railroad.

It sounds like the engine is misfiring. Both ignition coils and fuel injectors are very common failures on these engines. In each case a fault code would've been generated so you will need to get a diagnostic check. You don't necessarily need to go to a Peugeot dealer, anyone with an EOBD scantool should be able to do it for you. You can buy EOBD scanners for well under £100.

Peugeot 206 - Engine light flashing - Just serviced *Please Help - Karenl89

thank you very much! ill take it to a garage and see what they say!