scorpio cosworth 2.9 24v - car starts and stops - scorpio alan

Need some help, the car strts and runs for approx 20 mins then stops, if i leave it for a while approx 1 - 2 hrs it starts again. It seems that when it gets warm it stops and starts when its gone cold. I have had an diagnostic out and said it was the edis module, i bought one and it still had the problem so he said he really didnt know what was wrong as he tested all he could. I,ve also had someone come with a fds machine who tested quite a bit but still had no joy with finding the fault. Garage said they will do a trial and error but couldnt say how long or what price i would be paying. Really need some help, thanks

scorpio cosworth 2.9 24v - car starts and stops - elekie&a/c doctor

Is this car fitted with the Bosch remote fob immobiliser system?Or is this a frog eye Scorpio?

scorpio cosworth 2.9 24v - car starts and stops - scorpio alan

Hi, its a frog eyed scorpio,

scorpio cosworth 2.9 24v - car starts and stops - injection doc

these cosworth scorpio's suffered with the engine bay wiring loom litterally falling apart and they disintigrate something chronic and they also suffer with water ingress in the R/H fuse box assembly.

I think further investigation need to be carried out to ascertain whether the whole car is imobilzed or whether its just fuel related or spark related or both etc etc.

i would concentrate on Fuel pump relay/ fuse box/ wiring loom condition in that order.

Be warned do not touch the loom unless you intend to remove and strip and totally rewire, they are so fragile that just moving them to investigate can disintigrate them.