Hyundai i10 - Hyundai i10 EMU Warning light flashing - hcl

Hyundai i10 EMU flashing

Has anyone else had problems with the Engine Management Unit (EMU) on the i10?

My daughter purchased an i10 (58plate/09), in March 2009. The EMU warning light started flashing in November 09. First it was 'Damp'; then condensation; Tracking Leads; Plugs; Coils. Then the EMU was changed in March 2010.

Hyundai gave 2 free services for the hassel (Fair enough - brownie points where due),

(The wiper switch broke in June, but that's another matter).

The EMU light came on again at the end of September. We were told it was a 'ding' on the ABS sensor. It seems to us the saga (inconvenience and hassel, trailing back and fore), is starting all over again. The light came on again on Friday!

Now they seem to want to ignore us - they just insist that ' ... take it to the dealer and it will be fixed under warranty'. That's all very well, but why do we need to go through all this 'nausea' all over again?

Frankly we've had enough (6 or 7 different (potentially dangerous faults (what happens if it fails in the 'fast lane?), in less than two years???) - or are we being unreasonable??

Hyundai i10 - Hyundai i10 EMU Warning light flashing - dauphin

Yes, just had this problem at 6500 miles. Diagnosed by dealer from stored fault code as a sticking valve. Had to be referred to Hyundai who approved fitment of a new cylinder head under warranty, got the car back today so hoping it is fixed.

Previously had problem with soaking carpets on this car.

Hyundai totally disinterested in doing anything for us other than warranty repair, despite letters to MD and Customer service. "All we can say is that we're very sorry".

I know exactly the feeling!

'Face-to-face' Hyundai cannot be faulted. The Customer Service Operators and the Dealership staff are very helpful and friendly.

BUT when the going gets tough - it seems as if they don't want to know.

They have rejected our claim to reject the vehicle (admittedly into the second year, so unlikely to agree anyway - I am a realist after all - having said that, I tried on at least three separate occasions to reject (inside the first year/15months) and they kept saying ' I'm sure we can fix this, just let us do this/that etc.' Needless to say ...).

Now they insist all faults have been rectified under warranty so there is no problem!

(So how is it that it still occurs????)

Hyundai i10 - Hyundai i10 EMU Warning light flashing - Collos25

If your having these faults now and its difficult to get them repaired imagine what it will be like when the vehicle is out of warranty. Buy cheap pay twice

If your having these faults now and its difficult to get them repaired imagine what it will be like when the vehicle is out of warranty. Buy cheap pay twice

You are right! However, I tend to change cars before the Warranty is up. In any case, in future, whenever this happens inside the first six to twelve months I intend to reject the vehicle and insist on it.

(I understand in the first six months it's easier, after that it gets progressively harder). It seems as if, if one is reasonable and allows them to 'try this' and 'try that', the Dealer/Manufacturer thinks one is a 'mug' - and there to be mugged.

No longer!

(Having said all that, Hyundai are said to have a good reputation overall - see this site for examples).

And I know quite a few people who have had Hyundais (various models) and think they are wonderful - just goes to show, it's a lottery.