Peugeot 307SW - HDi 110 - AntiPollution Fault - Random Cooling Fan overrun - 7671Pro

Hi, - Screwloose - Anyone?

Have just joined this forum after reading many useful but worrying comments about the Peugeot 307.

If Screwloose is out there or if someone could email a link of this to him - Please...

'Screwloose' if you are still out there - You have an incredible knowledge of the car!

Technical question...

I have as others have had a random fan cutting in and also on shut down that runs and almost drains the battery. Alongside this is the issue of the 'AntiPollution fault and engine light that comes on.

History - A year ago after a long blast back from Devon the warning came on. A couple of short trips round town just before taking the car to a local 'good' Peugeot' garage it went out. I call in at the garage and he said if it happens again bring it in. Nothing for a year, and now after a trip to Nottingham, again it comes on and after a couple of trips goes off again, only to come on around town and a day later goes off again yesterday.

This to me seems reverse logic? As a blast should have cleaned and ran a regen on the filter and cleared a fault? Surely slow town traffic would cause the problem.?

In addition to this, the car when it is cold for first 2 miles has a lumpy idle tick over. Is this normal for this model or indicative of a linked issue to the above?

The car is as above a 54 plate - 307SW HDi 110bhp, VIN = HZC, it has done 84000miles and I have no history of it having the special fluid for the FAP changed.

I'm an electrical engineer but not a car electrics expert. (I don't have a code reader for processor).

Does anyone have a link or pdf of car electrics/chip set or code etc. This could help?

Thank you everyone for your time and comments

Please help...

Kind regards.

Nigel

Edited by 7671Pro on 24/10/2010 at 19:05

Peugeot 307SW - HDi 110 - AntiPollution Fault - Random Cooling Fan overrun - dieselnut

Suspect this is all tied up to the FAP particle filter.

Depending on the model it should have been changed ( or cleaned) at either 50 or 80k miles together with the Eolys fluid re-fill.

Think you will need to get the codes read by someone with the correct equipment for this car.

Peugeot 307SW - HDi 110 - AntiPollution Fault - Random Cooling Fan overrun - Armitage Shanks {p}

I ha this problem from day one of owning a 307. It was a simple fix, replacement of a relay in the fan circuit; £45 parts and labour ISTR. In my case nothing to do with particulate filter, luckily and no warning lights either

Peugeot 307SW - HDi 110 - AntiPollution Fault - Random Cooling Fan overrun - 7671Pro

Hi All out there,

I have since had a code reader on the car and it has come up with 3 codes: 2 P codes and one pending P code:

P0087 is first, then P1351 and then P1351 pending.

Does this relate to the above FAP or regen process or could it indirectly trigger the antipolution warning and engine light.

Sorry I don't know what htese codes are?

Thank you.