Vauxhall Astra Mk 4 (53 reg) - Alternative Jack Points on a Vauxhall Astra - grantos3000

Hi, I need to change the brake discs and pads on my car. I all the equipment, however I am stupmed as to how I go about jacking up the car and placing the axle stands under the side jack points - surely if I jack up the car, I will be using one of the jack points and therefore not be able to place one of the axle stands as the jack pint where i am supposed to place the axle stand is being used by the trolley jack. I thought about just doing one wheel at a time, however the safety guidelines specifically say that I should not support the car on one side only - both sides should be supported by axle stands.

Is there another jack point underneath the front of the car which is not mentioned in the manual or haynes book I have?

Thanks

Grant

Vauxhall Astra Mk 4 (53 reg) - Alternative Jack Points on a Vauxhall Astra - Dutchie

Hello Grant,before you do anything is there any independent garage near you who can do the work for you.? Or drive the car to the garage and ask the mechanic where to put the axle stands if you decide to work on your car.I can write all sorts in here but I don't want you to have a accident car dropping on you.Take care.

Vauxhall Astra Mk 4 (53 reg) - Alternative Jack Points on a Vauxhall Astra - Collos25

No disrepect to your mechanical ability but if you cannot find a place for the axle stands should you be doing the work in the first place.