FIAT Bravo - Car Cleaning - removing dead flies from front - Cowimars

What is the best way of removing dead flies from the front of my car. Normal cleaning with a good car shampoo and sponge doesnt seem to work.

Any suggestions ?

Edited by Cowimars on 17/10/2010 at 21:54

FIAT Bravo - Car Cleaning - removing dead flies from front - bathtub tom

Leave it a few more weeks and the rain should help soften them up nicely.

It's what I do.

FIAT Bravo - Car Cleaning - removing dead flies from front - runboy

As above, soaking the front would be best. Maybe lay some wet cleaning cloth over the area to keep the dampness against the dirt.

Motoring shops should also sell small sponges with a net/mesh covering. The sponge holds the water/suds and the netting gives a bit of a "bite" to move the dead flies but go careful aa heavy use might damage the paint but I've used mine on the front and door mirror housing with no problems - just keep it wet and with suds. They are handy little sponges to keep in the car with a bottle of water if you are going on a road trip in the summer as they clean the grime off the windscreen a treat.

FIAT Bravo - Car Cleaning - removing dead flies from front - Andy P

I douse them with hot water with a bit of detergent, leave for about 15 mins, then wash off with the same solution. Once clean and dry, I apply a telfon-containing car wax - prevents them sticking as badly in future.

FIAT Bravo - Car Cleaning - removing dead flies from front - madf

Soak with water.

Apply one soft bristle brush. Stir frequently.

Keep doing it..

Edited by madf on 18/10/2010 at 17:19

FIAT Bravo - Car Cleaning - removing dead flies from front - dadbif
Emery paper, never fails!!
FIAT Bravo - Car Cleaning - removing dead flies from front - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

Wash car. Spray on Autoglym Motorcycle cleaner to fly blown areas, leave a minute or two, rub with an old paintbrush to loosen flies. Hose off. Repeat as necessary, but DO NOT let the cleaner dry on the paintwork it may remove the shine permanently..