Vauxhall Vectra B 2001 - air con/heater switch works intermittantly - maidstone dave

my car has the bank of 3 round led switches and last week, it wouldn't switch off at all. then it worked ok in auto but when in manual, only position 9 worked. as soon as i went down to 8 or below, it turned off. The temperature control works ok (left hand round switch) and distribution works ok (right hand round switch) . My gut feel is there is a prob with centre switch but am not sure. Does anyone know if there are diagnostics available to pinpoint the prob ? As an aside, I did consider replacing centre switch but was told by my friendly Vaux garage that all 3 switches have to be replaced as a bank of three and would cost in the region of £350. I made my excuses and left ! Any help at all would be appreciated.

Vauxhall Vectra B 2001 - air con/heater switch works intermittantly - elekie&a/c doctor

I would think it very unlikely to be the multiswitch panel.However ,models fitted with the electronic climate control have an electronic blower fan speed regulator .These have been known to give problems and can cause the fan to stay on and give incorrect control of fan speed.Not a cheap item to replace.From memory they cost well over £100.hth

Vauxhall Vectra B 2001 - air con/heater switch works intermittantly - maidstone dave

Hi there and thanks very much for your info. Would you have any idea if Vauxhall diagnostics would pick that up or not ? Thanks again ( incidentally what is £100.hth )

Vauxhall Vectra B 2001 - air con/heater switch works intermittantly - mickyh7

It usually means 'Hope That Helps'.