VW polo 1998 - 1998 VW polo - cutting out - no spark. - yogi3

Hi,

I have a problem with my 98 polo and would be grateful if you guys can help me.

After 2-3 kms my polo cuts out. In the begining i would wait 5-10 minutes and it would start again but now it takes more than an hour.

I have checked with a screwdriver and there is no spark coming out from the coil while its down. after I wait a while there is a spark again. So i tought it is the coil and I've replaced it but the problem keeps coming. I've even replaced the coolant sensor (read it somewhere on the net) and still cutting out.

Do you have any suggestions? Do you think it can be a relay ? The codes show nothing that can be the probelm. it is not the fuel pump as well as i checked it while it is not starting and it works fine.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Yogi.

VW polo 1998 - 1998 VW polo - cutting out - no spark. - Peter D

Did you assertain if the pump ir running when you are cranking. If it is then it is not the crank/dizzy sensor but the main control relay giving you grief from memory that is relay 15, I will have to check. Regards Peter

VW polo 1998 - 1998 VW polo - cutting out - no spark. - madf

Crankshaft position sensor. Classic.

VW polo 1998 - 1998 VW polo - cutting out - no spark. - yogi3

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply. The pump is running... Could you please tell me where i can find this main relay ?

I looked at the fuse box just underneath the stearing wheel but there are only fuses there...

Thanks a lot !

P.S: As I was told, there is no cranckshaft sensor in this model. thats why i replaced the temp sensor...