Diesel Corsa clutch adjustment - t.g.webb
My Corsa (1.7 diesel, 50K miles) has a clutch pedal which disengages at only a small distance off the floor, in other words it has to be pushed down almost as far as it will go before dis-engaging. In fact, before I last brought it in I had to make sure that the thin rubber mat was completely drawn back so I could engage gear without a crunch. The garage mechanic(it was formerly a Vauxhall agency) says that this is typical of Corsas and could only readjust it marginally. He didn't think that it had stretched. Has anyone had a similar Corsa clutch? Thanks.
Diesel Corsa clutch adjustment - Dynamic Dave
At rest, the clutch pedal should be at the same height as the brake pedal, or slightly higher. There is a measurement from the bottom of the steering wheel to the top of the pedal, but not sure what the exact distance is without looking in a Haynes manual.
There is another little trick you can try, that is by adding a couple of washers to the cable adjuster under the bonnet.
There is a measurement from the bottom of the steering wheel
to the top of the pedal...

Two pieces of info I found using Google.

From the hub of the steering wheel to the top of the pedal. 124mm + 7mm

www.national-auto.co.uk/clutch/tn50.htm

or

Measure distance from lower edge of steering wheel to clutch pedal. Then press clutch pedal fully down and measure again. The difference between the two measurements must be 126-132mm. Failing this the clutch cable must be adjusted.

www.sbcats.co.uk/techinfo/opel/sope014e.pdf
Diesel Corsa clutch adjustment - John S
DD

As I'm sure you realise, it certainly isn't 124 mm from the steering wheel to the clutch pedal! That's about 5 inches.

The Corsa clutch adjustemnt is based upon measuring the pedal travel as per the second note. This leaves the pedal siting at a different height to the brake, on our old Corsa, a little lower than the brake. if it's any help that one needed the pedal to be fully depressed to get a clean gearchange. I didn't worry too much as usually a worn clutch shows by disengaging when only slightly depressed from the rest position.

Regards

John S
DD
As I'm sure you realise, it certainly isn't 124 mm from
the steering wheel to the clutch pedal! That's about 5 inches.

D'oh. That'll teach me to just quote from the website instead of actually thinking about what I'm typing.
Diesel Corsa clutch adjustment - gibbo
could it be that this diesel corsa needs the clutch adjusting
what i mean is when my combo diesel(which is basically a corsa) started crunching i was told that these clutches have to be adjusted manually, i was shown how to do this by running the nut further down the clutch spindle and voila the crunch disappered
possibly not connected but you never know
Diesel Corsa clutch adjustment - Dave_TD
One assumes you are aware the clutch cable can be adjusted at the gearbox end? Sounds like this is what needs doing, if you're not sure what to do then say so, myself or someone else on here can explain it to you no problem.
i was told that these clutches have to be adjusted manually,
i was shown how to do this by running the nut further down
the clutch spindle

Correct Gibbo. Remove the locking clip (if fitted) pull on the cable and spin the nylon nut down the threads a few turns.
Its a primative way of adjusting the clutch cable, but it beats trying to change an worn auto adjuster that is sometimes situated at the end of the clutch pedal on other makes of cars and you have to be a contortionist to be able to get your head up under the dashboard to see what your doing and then find you need three pairs of hands to do the job :o)
Diesel Corsa clutch adjustment - t.g.webb
Gentlemen, my thanks to those who've replied - not being a DIYer I've forwarded the file to the garage mechanic who has worked on the car.