Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI Sport 2003 reg, - Audible Coolant Alarm/Flashing Red Light. - mazda60

Hi All,

My daughters Ibiza has, over the last few months, started to give an audible warning followed by a flashing red light in the corner of the temperature gauge.This happens as follows.

If the car has been driven (engine is up to temp) is stopped and restarted, within a short distance an audible warning is heard for about 5 seconds and then a red flashing light appears on the temperature gauge.

If the car has been stood in bright sunlight the audible warning alarm sounds soon after starting the engine ( with an engine coolant temperature below normal operating temp).

My local garage has looked into the problem (assume via diagnostics) and has told us that it is a coolant level problem but there is no wiring for this .

She has owned the car for 6 years without this problem, therefore we are doubting that the coolant level issue is the correct diagnosis, also the coolant level never alters.

We are of the opinion that the fault lies in the dashboard somewhere and the buzzer is really getting to her.

Can anyone help with this fault and any course (s) of action.

Thanks.

Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI Sport 2003 reg, - Audible Coolant Alarm/Flashing Red Light. - elekie&a/c doctor

I have seen a similar problem on a Polo and the fault was isolated to the instrument pod.The dash cluster will need to be removed and dismantled for inspection.May be a good idea to get the engine management system checked for live data from engine coolant temp sensor,just incase the info it is sending to the dash is incorrect.hth

Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI Sport 2003 reg, - Audible Coolant Alarm/Flashing Red Light. - mazda60

I have seen a similar problem on a Polo and the fault was isolated to the instrument pod.The dash cluster will need to be removed and dismantled for inspection.May be a good idea to get the engine management system checked for live data from engine coolant temp sensor,just incase the info it is sending to the dash is incorrect.hth

Hi,

Many thanks for your response. The audible warning is the real pain ! .If that could be disconnected somehow she would be quite happy I think. I cannot understand whats wrong with the old temperature gauge.

Cheers.

Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI Sport 2003 reg, - Audible Coolant Alarm/Flashing Red Light. - sparky93

you may need a new one of these.

green collar

cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-SEAT-Coolant-Temperature-Sensor-...2