Volkswagen Golf V - Clutch Issues - dd65tn

Hi

I have a Mk V Golf a 1.6 petrol engine its 2.5 years old done 26000 miles. I took it in to a vw garage in march after 2nd gear was not shifting very easy . After argueing they replaced the 2nd gear syncho which they found to be faulty they told me that the clutch was fine. 3600 miles later the clutch is going and is not covered by warrenty which I think is disgusting that a intergral driving part of the car is not covered. Any one have ideas how i can get them to replace it. All I can think of is the sale of goods act that may cover me since the part is not fit for purpose.

Thanks

Volkswagen Golf V - Clutch Issues - Collos25

They will just say driver error but I am suprised they did not fit a new plate when the box was out to be on the safe side.I would have another chat with the service manager listing all the problems.

Volkswagen Golf V - Clutch Issues - Dutchie

Clutches wear out,with some people the clutch last the live time of the car.It depends how the person drives wating at traffic lights keeping feet on the clutch pedal.The garage you took the car into did you buy the car from them? If you did have a talk to the garage people, dont argue there might be some goodwill on their behalf.At 26000 miles the clutch plates should not have worn out.

Volkswagen Golf V - Clutch Issues - dd65tn

Clutches wear out,with some people the clutch last the live time of the car.It depends how the person drives wating at traffic lights keeping feet on the clutch pedal.The garage you took the car into did you buy the car from them? If you did have a talk to the garage people, dont argue there might be some goodwill on their behalf.At 26000 miles the clutch plates should not have worn out.

Yes thats what they have said that its because of the way i drive, which is rubbish since i never ride the clutch, and i have had the car since 9500 miles when they replaced the 2nd syncho the clutch was fine no lines nothing otherwise they would have put a new one in but 3500 miles later its now wearing out, my driving style hasnt changed at all. I think i am flogging a dead horse.

Volkswagen Golf V - Clutch Issues - Dutchie

Unless they caused damage to the plates and dont want to own up to it.Dont give up yet have a word with somebody in charge in the garage.For the plates to go at 26000 miles is far to early.