AVG/Word delay - bintang

I have a new computer which works fast most of the time. An exception is in Word, where recalling and saving an existing documents takes 11 seconds each way, Someone suggsted that the delay was caused by my reliance on AVG (free version) for web protection, as it checked existing documents as well as external threats. Is this likely to be a cause or, if not, what migh be please?

AVG/Word delay - WellKnownSid

Unlikely.

Which version of Word is it? Which version of Windows? What spec of computer?

Are you trying to save/open files that were once on a network server or share that isn't there any more?

Do you get the same delay if you try to open the same files in, say, Notepad?

What happens if you run taskmgr whilst Word is doing its thing, specifically the CPU load?

AVG/Word delay - bintang

Unlikely.

Which version of Word is it? Which version of Windows? What spec of computer?

Microsoft Office 2003

Windows7 Home Premium 64 bit edition OEM

Pentium Dual Core/1024MB DDR2/150GB is about all I can tell you since the machine was built for me and is not off the shelf.

Are you trying to save/open files that were once on a network server or share that isn't there any more?

I am trying to open existing files to check or add more information, e.g. monhtly gas consumption. I am then trying to save, to return the files to their folders.

Do you get the same delay if you try to open the same files in, say, Notepad?

What happens if you run taskmgr whilst Word is doing its thing, specifically the CPU load?

Many thanks but these technicalities are beyond me. I will however explore them.

now. Many thanks for your attention.

AVG/Word delay - bintang

An expert finally fixed the problem by installing Word 2007

AVG/Word delay - WellKnownSid

An expert finally fixed the problem by installing Word 2007

You come across these experts all the time in IT, just imagine the same experts in, say, the motor industry:

"I took my car to the garage with a slight misfire, and the expert finally fixed the problem by selling me a new car"...!