VW Golf TDI Match - VW Golf TDI at Auction - sdse

Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing a new car at an auction (probably a BCA one) and was looking at getting a Golf 1.9 TDI 105. I've looked everywhere for past prices but had no luck so just wondered if anyone can tell me what sort of money they go for at auction? Was thinking 2006 on and either Match or SE trim (preferably Match). Not too fussed by mileage as I don't do a lot myself but under 70000ish would be nice or would you think this was too high? In your opinions is this a good engine? Would prefer DSG transmission but not too fussed if it's gonna add a lot to the cost? Or do you think manual would be better? Was hoping to spend somewhere between £5000 and £6500 which I imagine is a bit too hopeful for what I've asked for but in no rush so can wait for a bargain to come along.

Noticed that there are a lot of Match one's on the BCA site so was hoping they'd be fairly cheap? Or are they really popular? Having never been to an auction, does anyone have any insider's tips? I know a mechanic I could take along which I hear is a good idea, would anyone recommend an auction buyer? Anyone had any bad experiences buying a Golf from auction? I know some people have problems with other cars but thought these were well built and probably wouldn't have too many problems..?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions! Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Cheers,

Sam