Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - Kobie

Decided that I'd treat myself to a new car, I drive a lot so quite like something that is a bit different with toys. So decided on one of these ASX 3 1.8 diesel.

I am now trying to get the best price possible - I have a hefty deposit so would take some finance but can't find anyone who will give me any discount at all. No a penny ! This is including main dealers plus every broker that pops up on a search for "new car discount"

I appreciate that its a new car but surely they would not sell in the same volumes as a Focus plus economic times are hard...and VAT going up 5% in Dec. I can't understand, anyone care to enlighten me...

Great site as well,

cheers
Kobie...

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - Armstrong Sid
I appreciate that its a new car but surely they would not sell in the same volumes as a Focus plus economic times are hard.

I think you've answered your own question. ASXs won't sell in large numbers so there isn't much room to manoeuvre. A Ford dealer can knock a few pounds off a Focus because they know they will be selling hundreds of Focii every week, so they are still going to make a profit. A Mitsubishi dealer will only sell an occasional ASX, so if the reduce the price they won't get any profit from it.

Also consider how many ASXs may be available in the whole country. Probably not that many, and if dealers realise there is a relatively large number of buyers for them, there won't be any reductions because they know there are enough buyers who are prepared to pay full price. Supply and demand.

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - ablandy

dealers are also not holding stock , so dont need to discount.

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off a Mitsubishi ASX - Avant

It's a brand new model so discounts are unlikely till it's been on the market a bit longer: the first people to give discounts wll be the brokers like Drivethedeal. Also as others have said it'll never be a volume seller: Mitsubishis aren't well marketed in the UK.

Autocar did a road test of this model last week, and they felt that there are better cars of this type around for the money. It may be worth looking at others such as the Skoda Yeti, Nissan Qashqai, Hyundai ix35 or Ford Kuga.

Edited by Avant on 28/07/2010 at 00:36

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off a Mitsubishi ASX - rayleck

What Car? reckons wait 'a few months' and you should get about £750-00 off.

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off a Mitsubishi ASX - Armstrong Sid

Just seen my first ASX in the flesh.

When I first saw the thing from a distance, without paying much attention to it, I assumed it was the latest version of Qashquai. It was only when I got closer that I could see the Mitsubishi logos.

Imitation > Flattery.....whatever the saying is

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - jonny1

Decided that I'd treat myself to a new car, I drive a lot so quite like something that is a bit different with toys. So decided on one of these ASX 3 1.8 diesel.

I am now trying to get the best price possible - I have a hefty deposit so would take some finance but can't find anyone who will give me any discount at all. No a penny ! This is including main dealers plus every broker that pops up on a search for "new car discount"

I appreciate that its a new car but surely they would not sell in the same volumes as a Focus plus economic times are hard...and VAT going up 5% in Dec. I can't understand, anyone care to enlighten me...

Great site as well,

cheers
Kobie...

This is usually the case with most new cars.Have a look in about a years time when the must have nows have got theirs and the price will come down.Its the same with the ix35 and new sportage will be same .There wont be discounts on cars people are clamering after.

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - 1.6 ASX 3

Hi,

Just to let you know that we signed for an ASX 3 1.6 petrol today and the dealer gave us a discount of just under £1200 for paying cash and agreeing to take delivery before the end of September. Perhaps it would be worth you trying a few more dealers?

Good luck!

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - wazza

Did you actually drive a 1.6 ASX? I thought 1.6 won't be available till Sept.

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - Avant

That's useful information for people thinking about a Hyundai ix35, for which the waiting list seems to stretch into the next century. I'd have thought that the ASX (what a stupid name) is no less competent than the Hyundai.

Interesting - Armstrong Sid thinks it looks like the Qashqai - to me it looks a dead ringer for the Mercedes B-class. Let's hope it's not as noisy.

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - Armstrong Sid
Armstrong Sid thinks it looks like the Qashqai

Now I've seen a few more, my idea has changed. The ASX now looks like an identikit version of all of its competitors; so it's just a QashRavTigKug

Edited by Armstrong Sid on 01/09/2010 at 09:44

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - michaelpaul
I have an ASX 4 on order due in the country on 3rd Nov but have been told there is a 20 working day period before it will even get to the dealer but no idea why as it is already arriving as an ASX 4 so doesn't need to be up-specd! Anyone got any ideas?
Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - rayleck

I have an ASX 4 on order due in the country on 3rd Nov but have been told there is a 20 working day period before it will even get to the dealer but no idea why as it is already arriving as an ASX 4 so doesn't need to be up-specd! Anyone got any ideas?

Cannot think of any reason why you should have to wait so long for delivery to the dealer.But more to the point did you get a discount off list price?.

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - michaelpaul
Unfortunately I could not get the dealer to budge on the price at all even though the Mitsubishi website was showing their introductory price at the time we ordered we had to pay their new price as the offer had ended, but was not specified on the website! I ordered this car after cancelling an ix35 after waiting six months so Mitsubishi had better not mess me around otherwise I'll be re-considering my options! Autotrader seem to have a few ASX 3's but no ASX 4's which is a shame otherwise I'd have gone down that route. Hopefully I'll get a new car before Xmas at this rate!!!
Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - rayleck

Unfortunately I could not get the dealer to budge on the price at all even though the Mitsubishi website was showing their introductory price at the time we ordered we had to pay their new price as the offer had ended, but was not specified on the website! I ordered this car after cancelling an ix35 after waiting six months so Mitsubishi had better not mess me around otherwise I'll be re-considering my options! Autotrader seem to have a few ASX 3's but no ASX 4's which is a shame otherwise I'd have gone down that route. Hopefully I'll get a new car before Xmas at this rate!!

Autotrader seems to be awash with used ASX's at the moment.It would appear to be alot of Mitsubishi UK ex fleet cars up for sale.Surprised at no discount for your ASX4 though.

Mitsubishi ASX - no discount off an Mitsubishi ASX - CliffDee

Hi, I want to get an ASX but can not decide between 1.8 or 1.6. More power sounds better but enough power is enough. How have you got on with the petrol?