VW Bora 1.6 '04 - Rear door lock jammed, and window won't open - lucyandneil

Hi there,

Strange problem with my Bora. A week or so ago, I was putting my son into his car seat, while both back doors were open. He was playing with my keys, and I think he pressed the central locking open and locked a few times. Anyway, I shut both doors, and carried on, only to notice later that one of the rear doors wasn't unlocking with the central locking, and I can't unlock it by pulling the handle from the inside. Also, I've noticed that the electric window button doesn't work on the same door, but the window opens from the master controls in the front of the car. I presume these issues are related.

Anybody have any ideas on how I might fix this?

Thanks

VW Bora 1.6 '04 - Rear door lock jammed, and window won't open - Nezza

Had a very similar fault to yours this last week on our Galaxy (see post titled Ford Galaxy- Central Locking). Our window did actually work though when we operated the isolation switch that prevents the rear window buttons working. (Usually turned off to prevent little fingers fiddling). I assume you have checked this. I do not know of any easy solution to get into the door mechanics whilst the door is closed due to the inaccessability of the screws but hopefully the bora is better designed than our Galaxy. Our fault diagnosis was the solonoid in the locking mechanism which came as one complete unit (including child locking mechanism).

Anyway goodluck and please post the outcome.

VW Bora 1.6 '04 - Rear door lock jammed, and window won't open - Nezza

A point I forgot to mention on the previous post. It is worth checking the wiring near the hinges for any damaged/broken cables that could be causing the problem.

VW Bora 1.6 '04 - Rear door lock jammed, and window won't open - Davidthrussell

I would be interested to see how you've got on as my read nearside door is locked - and I have been quoted £250 minimum for repair.