Citroen Saxo VTR 2001 - Citroen Saxo Radiator - louiseb8019

My radiator overheats very quickly, after just driving for a short while the thermostat light comes on the dash, looks as if the water has gotten so hot, all of it has just evapourated as when i go to check, the radiator is empty, even after filling up the same day. It could possibly have a hole, the other day after being on the motorway for an hour, i got home and steam was pouring from the bonnet and red liquid pouring out from under the car. If it is a hole i wander if there is anything i could do for a quick fix untill i can affored to get it repaired?

Citroen Saxo VTR 2001 - Citroen Saxo Radiator - Peter.N.

Could be a defective thermostat, when the water boils it gets expelled through the header tank overflow pipe. As a temporary measure you could try removing the thermotat.

Citroen Saxo VTR 2001 - Citroen Saxo Radiator - madf

First thing to do: check for holes in radiator: if there are any you will see red/rust/white stains ...If this is the case, you need a new radiator: but there are a number of fixes: Radweld/Barrs Leaks/etc which may work.

I fthe radiator looks ok, look for splits in hoses and leaks around joints. Fix: replace..

Then you could have a faulty radiator cap: only test is to buy another.

Or a faulty thermostat.

Or a failed cylinder head gasket. - oil in water..

Or a corroded up radiator (test by carefully seeing if radiator is hot all the way daown.. if not it's blocked)..