I do not understand highway code parking sign - msa969

I need some help with highway code parking sign. that do not make much sense to me.

Here is the first:

it has the parking sign with letter P.

P Mon - Sat

6 am - 7 pm

1 hour

No return within 1 hour.

What does this sign mean? Does it mean I can park for 1 hour move the car and park somewhere else on the street?

Here is the second sign:

P Resident Permit holders only

Mon - Fri

10.30 - 11.30 am

What does the above second sign mean?

I do not understand highway code parking sign - smilleynially

Hi,

In reply to the first sign. I believe it means you cannot return to the same bay within one hour after having parked there for a maximum of one hour. This means you could park elsewhere so long as it's not in the same bay as before.

In response to your second parking sign: If you don't understand a blatantly simple to understand restrictions sign like that, you really shouldn't be the holder of a driving license :-)

Okay, okay. It means you can only park between the hours of 10:30 - 11:30 Mon-Fri if your vehicle is displaying the appropriate parking permit. At any other times, it is fine to park there. This type of 'hour long' restriction are generally used in areas near stations or places of work to deter commuters leaving their vehicles there during the day but still allows other to park there for short periods during the day un-restricted.

Hope this helps.

I do not understand highway code parking sign - bintang

I presume you do not mean they are actually in the printed Code? They are not in my copy.

I assume the first means you cannot return to the area covered by that P sign within one hour between the times stated.

The second is baffling. It should mean that, unless you have a resident's permit, you cannot park between the hours stated - except there is only one hour, assuming "10.30" means 10.30 am. 10.30 pm to 11.30 am also sounds ridiculous. 10.30 am to 11.30 pm makes a little more sense but still seems odd. You need to ask the authority that put the sign there or ask a parking attendant.

I do not understand highway code parking sign - Berisford

The first one means you can't return to that 'area' within 1 hour inasmuch as the warden should patrol every hour and if you are still showing on his handheld when he returns to the area an hour or so later you get a ticket. The original list is discarded and a new list made. They don't record which bay you are in.

The second looks as if there might be a problem with people coming into the area and leaving their cars all day making it difficult for the locals. Sticking a restricted hour in mid morning prevents any 'all day' parking by outsiders.

Edited by Berisford on 20/06/2010 at 17:25

I do not understand highway code parking sign - msa969

Hi the second road sign is much more meaningful to me. So thus it is only for residents holders between 10.30 am till 11.30 am and the rest of the time I can park for short periods.

This second sign is popular on many nearby road that are close to busy high streets and many times I paid at the meters.

Thank you for your help.