Nissan xtrail - Beam Deflectors? - herald

We are off to France next month with the x trail do i need beam deflectors on the clear type lights? If so where do you stick them.

Thanks herald

Nissan xtrail - Beam Deflectors? - carr

The X trail headlights are focused by refracting surfaces in the reflectors. When I brought my X trail to France I drove it for a couple of months without bothering to do anything. and just set the beam height to the lowest setting. Nothing happened.

If you are obsessive about not dipping left then you could experiment by pointing the headlights against a white wall at dusk and tape off the offending bits of beam.

My X trail is registered in France now and needed new headlights for the controle technique. That is an expensive problem.

Nissan xtrail - Beam Deflectors? - eddie12

Halfords sell the beam deflectors, and they also enclose pictorial details of how to apply them to practically every car available in UK (The X-trail is included).

Nissan xtrail - Beam Deflectors? - herald

I bought some from Halfords for a previous car, i am not thick but the instructions where a bit vague to say the least. And i never fitted them, Will have another look tomorrow.

cheers herald