Peugeot 206 - pug 206 1.9d fuel isnt reaching the engine - aluno

ok so heres one for you,

my pug 1.9d non turbo, has been running rough for the last few days, i put it down to the erg valve, its a sommon thing in these apparently, the engine was rough, struggling on a warm start, and just generally not sounding healthy

so i was driving down the pub last night and went over a speed bump and heard a grinding noise and it cut out, called the AA and the guy turned up and started doing his thing.

he checked everything fair play, fuses etc, he tried easy start and it still wouldnt go.

he said the fuel wasnt reaching the engine, we went to a petrol station and put a few quid in just in case the gague was broken but still nothing. we assumed it was one of the pumps.. i pulled off the pipe from the fuel filter and tried starting expecting diesel to go everywhere but nothing came out. so i pulled the fuel sender pump today and had a look around but it seemed finei then covered the pipes from the fuel sender with my thumbs and got my sister to turn it over, there was no suction. there should of been shouldnt there. i think the fuel sender is a manual pump is it? so there is no real way of testing it?

is there a way of testing the pump in the engine bay? does that sound the main culprit to you?

sorry for the essay just trying to give as much info as i can. any help is appreciated thanks

Peugeot 206 - pug 206 1.9d fuel isnt reaching the engine - barkas

the speed bump grinding on the bottom of the car followed by fuel starvation tells me the probs with the fuel lines or tank underneath the car, theyve been damaged

Peugeot 206 - pug 206 1.9d fuel isnt reaching the engine - barkas

first of all take a fuel line off from the tank to the engine (not the return) and see if you can draw any fuel from it

im not really sure what you mean, doesnt the fuel get to the engine via the fuel sender unit in the tank, does that tank operate using pressure?

or does the fuel pump suck fuel out of the tank,

the car didnt hit the speed bump i wasnt going anywhere near that fast, im no evil knevil lol. there is actually a new tank on it, the aa guy pointed it out, its had a new tank from a breakers yard or summit, i was thinking the previous owner hit something damaged the tank and pump, replaced the tank and sold the car to me.

the tank isnt leaking or damaged, :-s

is there a test i can do to see if the fuel pump(in the engine bay) works

Peugeot 206 - pug 206 1.9d fuel isnt reaching the engine - Peter D

Is there a fuse for the fuel pump on your model. ? Regards peter

all the fuses are ok, they been checked

Peugeot 206 - pug 206 1.9d fuel isnt reaching the engine - Peter D

Not what I asked. Is there a fuse for the fuel pump yes or no ? Regards Peter

i have no idea, im going to get a haynes manual tomorrow, any ideas how i check thanks

Peugeot 206 - pug 206 1.9d fuel isnt reaching the engine - philip43

Yes there is a fuse for the fuel pump. It`s number 25 in the engine bay fuse box. I have an interest in this thread, as mine is doing exactly the same thing as the OP!!