Kia Cee'd 1.6 Diesel (113) - 'High Power' - Kia Cee'd - DMF, DPF, chain cam? True or false... - DavidGlos

Considering purchasing a second hand (2 year old) Cee'd, with the 1.6 diesel 'high power' engine. I guess calling a 115hp diesel 'high power' is pushing things a bit, but having driven a pro-Cee'd with the same engine, it goes quite well.

The thought of having approximately five years of warranty remaining is quite appealing. Clearly it's not going to rival a Focus for handling and ride balance and if I'm expecting Golf style soft touch squashy plastics, I should look elsewhere. I'm trying to get accurate info on a few details. Have looked in various places on t'interweb and I think the following are all true and bode well for the longevity and reliability of the car. I tend to keep motors for a while, so assuming that it's going OK, I may well still have it after the 7 year warranty has expired and I'm left picking up the tab when things go wrong.

Anyway, if anybody can confirm (or deny!) the following, I'd be grateful:-

1) The car does not have a diesel particulate filter (DPF)
2) Strangely, the car does not have a dual mass flywheel (DMF)
3) The engine is chain cam, rather than cam belt.

Cheers

Mr Moo

Kia Cee'd 1.6 Diesel (113) - 'High Power' - Kia Cee'd - DMF, DPF, chain cam? True or false... - oldroverboy

Yes, excellent chain cam, yes DPF, as others say only buy if you are going to do at least 1 regular trip where the engine will be able to get hot enought to regenerate the dpf, this involves very high exhaust temperatures. i would assume that it has a dual mass flywheel in common with other common rail diesel injections as this reduces vibration through the drivetrain, just be nice and smooth in your starts and gear changes and all will be well. for better fuel economy, learn to modify tour driving style and you will be happy, and your wallet too! I considered a ceed, but got an epica diesel because of the price, when chevrolet dealers were selling them off, and new/nearly new prices were silly. no regrets here!

happy motoring, let us know what you go for.