ford focus 2002 hatchback five door - What tyres - willow

Can anyone recommend a good choice of tyres for this model? I am currently running Dunlop SP Fast Response but would welcome suggestions for something different. Good handling and good wear.

ford focus 2002 hatchback five door - What tyres - piston power

What size are they?

I find michelin wear better for me pirelli, goodyear would be second choice continentals third.

Buy the best you can afford if your keeping the car for the next 12 months.

ford focus 2002 hatchback five door - What tyres - terrierman

Michelins do seem to last longest, I've found Toyos the best of the budget tyres I've tried.

ford focus 2002 hatchback five door - What tyres - mikej

I had my Focus for 8+ years and the best tyres I put on it (apart from the Michelin Pilot Sports which were on it originally and were awesome, but too expensive) were a set of Toyo Proxes T1R, which were grippier in the wet than some of the more expensive, premium tyres I'd had on previously.

I think they're a softer tyre so you'll get good grip, but lose out a bit on wear.

Good tyre review site : http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

ford focus 2002 hatchback five door - What tyres - bsm

Original tyres on my 2001 Focus were Continentals, but wore out in less 20,000 miles. Replaced with Michelin Energys, very little wear in 5 years, 25,000 miles but failed MOT due to all four cracking at inner circumference, between wall and tread. Have now fitted Goodyear Excellance which seem OK, wearing well, quite and were consierably less expensive than other brands.

Regards,

Mo

ford focus 2002 hatchback five door - What tyres - mickyh7

You must have sorted out your windscreen problem then willow ? (If your keeping the car)!