council truck trashed my car -premium increase! - gubbeen

And now I'm in re-insurance hell...
Several weeks ago I was parked in a secure car park when a council truck collided with my car. I was nowhere near the vehicle at the time. The worker immediately admitted liability. I arranged for vehicle repair and a hire car at no charge. Trying to renew my car insurance, I find the premium has increased substantially.
Is there anything I can do about this? Conversations with insurance companies have just resulted in them reading their scripts...
Thanks for any help you can give.

council truck trashed my car -premium increase! - Jes

Did you have to pay an excess ? Did your insurance company recover this from the council and pass it on to you ?

When explain my non-fault accident I found Liverpool Victoria and the Co-Op pretty good. Infact I re-ran the quote with LV and didn't disclose the accident and the premium was the same.

Edited by Jes on 26/05/2010 at 16:02

council truck trashed my car -premium increase! - daveyjp

If the claim is still not resolved it will be down as a fault claim until it is sorted. Once it is you will get a refund on the extra insurance you are paying as a result of this 'claim' showing on your record.

LV were excellent with me for a non fault (7 weeks from accident to excess refund) and as Jes says my renewal was no more as a result of having a no fault claim on my record - I also did two quotes one with and one without the accident.

Keep chasing your company to get the thing settled - don't be afraid of going legal if the Council are dragging their heels.