bmw 1995 518 e34 - pollen filter/micor filter - Harry Pearce

Hi

Please can someone advise I would like to replace my pollen filter in my car can someone tell me if access is in the glove box or under the steering wheel?? Also has anyone got any idea on the procdure to do it

Thanks

bmw 1995 518 e34 - pollen filter/micor filter - elekie&a/c doctor

Access to filter is from the steering side.Remove the plastic panel around the pedals and look up to the rear of the heater box,where it touches the bulkhead insulation.There is a plastic panel that is secured by a round twist/turn knob.Release this to slide out the filter.hth

Hi thanks for this my car doesn't have a/c why do some articles I read say it's in the glove compartment thanks for your help

Hi also my filter is one unit ie cant be split the articles ive looked at have pics of the filter splitting in two to aid fitment can you advise on this thanks

Instructions that mention access from the glove box area are for left drive cars.The filter is in 2 halves that slide together to make fitting easier on rhd cars to clear the steering column.hth

Hi

Thanks for this one last question I hope have checked the filter i have got is in one piece ie cant be split and that is the part BMW supplied me for my car. can you advise how to fit this

Thanks

The pollen filter is made up of 2 plastic "frames".You should be able to slide apart the 2 parts.hth