Value for money? - Marcus
Looking at HJ's roadtest of the Skoda Superb. The Classic model of the TDI 130 at £16,000 looks very good value and it has most of the goodies I want.

The Elegance version of the same model at £20,600 doesn't look anything like as good value. You get:

Extra, or substitute on Comfort:- rear parking sensors; 16" alloy wheels; leather wrapped gearknob, gaiter, parking brake lever and steering wheel; multi-function steering wheel; 6 CD autochanger; cruise control; front and rear sill covers; auto dimming rearview mirror.

Extra, or substitute on Elegance:- 17" alloy wheels; part-leather upholstery; wood trim on centre console and gearknob; bi-Xenon headlamps with integrated pop-up washers; electric sunroof; heater front and rear seats; electrically adjustable front seats with three memory settings for seats and mirrors.

Some nice toys there - but worth another £4,600? Not for me anyway.
Value for money? - Phil G
Yes but it's where they make the money on the car. I agree though, the only thing I would really want is cruise and alloys (even they are not really required, just look good).

Don't suppose anyone has any news on the proposed estate version of the Superb?
Value for money? - Floyd
I'd probably go for the Classic variant and pay for any optional extras that I really wanted, e.g. cruise control, or parking sensors. Skoda are, in my opinion, very reasonable about the price of extras. I bet the 130 engine is good fun.
Value for money? - Cardew
Floyd,
I also would want to buy the basic version and choose the few options I wanted - if I could.

If you try to order a bespoke version of a car from most UK dealers(not specifically Skoda) you get the run around and have a very long wait.

On a diesel I would not want alloy wheels, and would never use a CD - let alone an autochanger. Why a sunroof with Climate Control?

C
Value for money? - The Watcher
It is a pain when manufacturers spec cars up to increase the total price. Invariably, you end up with a car with equipment on you don't want.

I'd much prefer they had a basic vehilce for each engine size then you could add or delete the options you wanted. The only draw back is when you come to sell it, the new buyer may not like what you haven't got on the vehicle!