VW Transporter - Buying advice (again) - nick62

I've got a couple of options for buying a used VW Transporter. Both vehicles are identical apart from colour. New vehicle is not available anymore.

Serious advice required please and any tips to make sure I'm safe!

Option 1 - VW main dealer, 13 months old 6K miles £21,450 nice colour but not my first choice, ex VW demo.

Option 2 - Private, 4 months old 6K miles £21,500, includes 3 year VW servicing deal & towbar (not essential, but handy) and is my preferred colour.

Now I must be mad to be considering the private option, but it is the right money and colour, but I beleive there is finance o/s, so how would I go about making sure I do a safe deal and not left hung out to dry so to speak, (apart from buying from the dealer)?

Edited by nick62 on 04/05/2010 at 22:26

VW Transporter - Buying advice (again) - piston power

Don't walk away from finance run.!

You would have to make sure they pay the finance or you will if you buy it they would have to prove it to you of course, get the finance compnay on the phone explain what you want to do and take there advice.

VW Transporter - Buying advice (again) - Berisford

Can't you pay the finance company and give the vendor whatever is left over from the 21500?

VW Transporter - Buying advice (again) - jc2

Get the private owner to give you the name of his finance co. and the number of his "agreement",then you phone the finance co. and ask for a settlement figure which YOU pay them and give the "owner" the balance(if any).