advice on auction - gibbo
i am going to a bca auction in birmingham tomorrow and as i do not have an account i have to leave a deposit on my delta card.
how does this work e.g they take 500 quid off my card and say i do not buy a car on that particular day do they take the amount and then refund? any advice from a joe public regular bca auction goer would be appreciated.

advice on auction - Ian D
I have bought 2 cars from BCA (one from Blackbushe and one from Derby), once the hammer has dropped you produce your switch/delta card at the rostrum and they either take 10%/£500 there or walk you to a payment booth where the deposit is taken and you leave your details (name address etc). Once complete you have a cetain time (ususally 24 hours) to pay the balance and take your new motor away. Obviously if the car is sold with an end of sale trial you need to pay up pronto and take the car for a spin before the hour after then end of the sale is up, and if you come across any major mechanical faults you have some redress. If the car is sold as seen the you have no such trial.
advice on auction - gibbo
thanks for the advice i trust bca (they have been in castle bromwich birmingham for years) best get me plastic back from the wife..cheers
advice on auction - The Watcher
Don't do it if you don't know what you're doing. Seems a bit risky to me. The auction near me doesn't insist on production of a switch delta card just that you pay up within 24 hours.