Volkswagen Golf 1.6 FSI - MK V Golf ESP light on fault - pblaster

Hello

I've just joined the ESP light on club. Found this site via another volkswagen forum. There sem to be a hell of a lot of people with this problem. My car is a 56 plate golf 1.6 FSI with only 6000 miles on the clock. Took it to VW who did diagnostic check (gratis) and confirmed the ABS pump switch fault. Cost around £1100 including labour to fix. Just for info I had a look at mine and the code is 1KO 614 517 which according to this site is one of the dodgy ones. the dealer is going to contact VW to see if there is any 'goodwill' on their part as clearly there should be. I cannot believe that there hasn't been a recall on this as I would have thought it was safety issue even though you can switch it off. Anyway my first service was outside of VW which doesn't help but second service was and also set up a service contract at same time so that might help. I will keep you posted!

Volkswagen Golf 1.6 FSI - MK V Golf ESP light on fault - focusman

hi

check out "ecutesting.com" your fault code is listed there. also shown on honest john's "news" page, right at the bottom of the page, "independant solves problem of teves mk 60 abs pumps". their price is £350 plus 2 years warranty. they are in nottingham and you would need to send the failed unit there for them to rebuild, but give them a call. if you can drive overthere they maybe able to remove, rebuild and replace at extra cost.

assumng vw don't stump up of course

Volkswagen Golf 1.6 FSI - MK V Golf ESP light on fault - SINSPEED

We've got all the MK60 ATE ABS controllers / pumps on the shelf. We've got every 1KO part number part in stock ready for same day dispatch and offer the cheapest supply, fit & programming service nationwide!

For a quote, call us on 0871 2887 666 today and ask for Jay. If you mention Honest John, we'll give you an immediate 10% discount too!

Volkswagen Golf 1.6 FSI - MK V Golf ESP light on fault - TeeCee

If I recall earlier discussions, VOSA rejected VW ESP failure as a recall item as it was not safety related.

I was wondering if it might be time to have another go at them in the light of the fact that the EU have mandated the fitting of ESP on safety grounds?

Sounds to me as if the two points of view there are mutually exclusive....