Inertia Reel Seat Belts - lorweb

Hi, this is a very very long shot but I hope someone can help me...

My father, Frank Loraine, was a toolmaker working for a small company in Edgware Middlesex in the 1960's. He was taken to the London Motorshow in the early/mid 60's, I believe 1963, and I was told it was because he had designed an automatic seatbelt which Britax were launching at the show. I believe this to be the Inertia Reel Seatbelt. I believe the company he worked for sold his design to Britax.....and no he didn't get anything for it. In fact his employers treated him quite badly.

I would like to find out more but i'm struggling to get any further with this and would like to find out the truth of his involvement and if there is any documentry evidence. I have been in contact with Britax but they have been no help.

Can anyone help with any ideas to help me find out more.

Thanks for your time!

Inertia Reel Seat Belts - Altea Ego

> and no he didn't get anything for it. In fact his employers treated him quite badly.

Thats normal. Most employment contracts state that any and all inventions and intelectual capital devloped belong to the employer and not the employee. And continue to do so after you leave. Sometimes a bonus or one time payment is made, buit that all.