Vauxhall Astra G Diesel - Astra radio code entry DRIVING ME CRAZY !!! CDR500 - Englishbullterrier

Just trying to help out a neighbour whose Son disconnected the battery without realising the code entry issue on the radio.

BUT, upon pressing the AS key whilst switching the radio on, it does indeed come up with the display showing the four dashes, for the code input _ _ _ _

HOWEVER, as soon as I release the AS key to input the code, the _ _ _ _'s disappear and the word PANEL comes up in the display. Aghhhhhhhhh

This is a factory installed system, been working for ages, no panel swaps etc.

Please, before I go crazy (well, crazier), can anyone help ?

Many thanks................ebt

Vauxhall Astra G Diesel - Astra radio code entry DRIVING ME CRAZY !!! CDR500 - jc2

www.radio-code.co.uk

Vauxhall Astra G Diesel - Astra radio code entry DRIVING ME CRAZY !!! CDR500 - ianjoh

As I remember the radios on mid to late 90s vauxhalls would default to not needing a code after being left in a deep freezer for a while.

I was sceptical until a mate brought me one to try, if this is from the same era it maybe worth a try.

Vauxhall Astra G Diesel - Astra radio code entry DRIVING ME CRAZY !!! CDR500 - Englishbullterrier

Thanks, I've emailed them as there's nothing on the website that mentions this condition.

..........ebt

Vauxhall Astra G Diesel - Astra radio code entry DRIVING ME CRAZY !!! CDR500 - Victorbox

I vaguely remember with a Vauxhall SC303 that this meant the radio thinks a different display has been fitted and you need to re-enter the code to marry the two together. Not much help if you can't get enter the code I know. http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=21181

Turned out to be a bad connection between the panel and the head unit.

I had to press the panel on the right hand side, press the AS key and switch on. After the beeps, whilst keeping the panel pressed, I was able to input the code.

It then tuned into the last station is was left at all all worked. When I removed the pressure from the panel, it switched off with PANEL in the display. So, the code is successfully entered and now I need to clean the contacts of the panel connector. and all will be well.

Now, where did I put my isopropyl alchohol ???

Thanks..............ebt

Edited by Englishbullterrier on 31/03/2010 at 17:57