Omega MV6 stainless steel exhaust - smokie
Following up on earlier comments here I have been getting quotes for the above.

- One place wanted £249 incl VAT for back box only (they couldn't supply the rest)
- Crombster's place in Scotland do a fully fitted system for £330 incl VAT & fitting but they want the car for 1/2 a day (hard for them to fit it without, I suppose)
- A London place offered one for £550 + VAT + p&p (no fitting), then within seconds reduced it to £360 ++ when I said it was too dear.

However, Halfords can supply a Jetex system for £398. Which, given that a standard replacement is nearly £300 (albeit fitted) seems good value.

Does anyone have experience of Jetex? It has 25 year gurantee (which is long enough for me).

And I just ordered EBC pads (as recommended by many here) direct from UK agent - Green Stuff for front @ £39 + VAT, standard Kevlar for rear (no Green Stuff available) @ £16.20. Impressive prices...(plus of course VAT & P&P)
Omega MV6 stainless steel exhaust - robert
What you need is a newer MV6. One with 83k, FVSH inc 5k oil changes and recently replaced springs (Eibach), roll bars (Eibach) and shocks (Koni). Cambelt changed @ 70k and masses spent. Interested?
Omega MV6 stainless steel exhaust - Andrew Hamilton
I remember previous discussions on SS exhausts. What put me off finally was the chance of fractured joints with older vehicles as engine mounts absorbed less of the vibration. At the prices you are being quoted I hope it is the higher quality of SS.
If the joint is within the SS sections - isn't it guaranteed for life?

I think I said (although I can;t see it now) a mild steel exhaust would be £94 per section from my local (reasonable) fast fit place - i.e. £282. Just £100 more for SS seems reasonable, with a much longer guarantee, but I wouldn't know if jetex is higher or lower quality - again - with a lifetime guarantee does it matter?

and Robert...LOL yeah sure I do. Why on earth would I buy one with 35k more miles than the one I already have??? Especially one that's needed so much new equipment during it's short life -it must have had a punishing driver...;-)
Robert - stick it in the classifieds here, you never know when you might get a bite...