Ford C-MAX - 3yr service due - main dealer, indy or diy? - whoopwhoop
Sisters c-max is coming up to 3 years old. She's had it from new and only does 5,000 miles per annum (that ISN'T frequent short journeys. It's only used twice a week for a 45 mile round trip.)

Up until now it's been serviced at a dealer. However given the warranty is up soon and she plans to keep it until 8 years or more, she is considering going outside the dealer network for the next service.

I could easily change the oil & filters and lube the hinges, check the brakes etc. I'd even hang a 99p airfreshener inside for the full "premium" service effect ;-) Only thing I couldn't do is the electronic diagnostic check but hey-ho.

It's a 1.6 petrol for what it's worth, so not exactly rocket science.

So....... simple question looking for a simple answer - (a) DEALER, (b) INDY or (c) DIY.
Ford C-MAX - 3yr service due - main dealer, indy or diy? - Graham567
Personally i would have the 3rd service carried out at the main dealers.Then if anything went wrong say 3 months out of warranty then she would be more likely to get a goodwill payment from Ford.Going on to the 4 th year i would then use indies.
Ford C-MAX - 3yr service due - main dealer, indy or diy? - gordonbennet
Agree with Videodoc, if you have faith in the dealer concerned to fight your case if need be.
Ford C-MAX - 3yr service due - main dealer, indy or diy? - jc2
If it's running OK,you don't need the diagnostics!
Ford C-MAX - 3yr service due - main dealer, indy or diy? - Ravenger
Having had a C-Max go wrong 1 week out of warranty I'd agree and say get it main dealer serviced this time, just in case something does happen.

The only reason I got even limited good will out of Ford for my problem was that it had been serviced properly according to schedule at Ford dealers.