07 1.8 Headlight Flicker - stujohnston
Hi there I was wondering if anyone has had been aware of excessive headlight flicker when starting the car from cold, It seems to surge especially when changing gear.
We have been to the garage they have replaced the altenator but this has made no difference, we are in the last month of our warranty and the garage have now drawn a blank and have suggested we buy a new battery but they are unsure if this will make a difference, Any suggestions?
I also have this posted in the discussion section as I am new to the site and hadnt realised there was a seperate section for technical matters so if anyone could tell me how to delete a post from there that would also be great Thanks.
07 1.8 Headlight Flicker - topbloke
i am not a ford guy but iirc these have a smart charge system on these (others may confirm) if so they (alternator) can kick out up to 18v when cold and there is a specific way to test the charging, ECU controlled !, and i also believe that they have a special battery so if you go down this route check first that its the correct one,Regards TB
07 1.8 Headlight Flicker - stujohnston
Thanks, I am going to speak to the garage again and see if they will try on a new battery, before I buy one. The garage say that some flicker is normal (?) but i feel this to be excessive.
07 1.8 Headlight Flicker - L'escargot
Do they flicker on and off, or is it that the brightness fluctuates from time to time? Brightness fluctuation seems to be common on modern cars.