Buying from a dealer in Northern Ireland - sarmes
Hi

I live in England and am looking at buying a Mitsubishi Outlander. I spooted a main dealer in Autotrader who has some 12month old models at good prices, so good it would be worth a cheap flight and driving it back and still saving nearly 2k.

Has anyone done this before? Got any advice or are there any pitfalls?

Thanks.
Buying from a dealer in Northern Ireland - Falkirk Bairn
NI dealer - no drawbacks - same as buying Wales, England or Scotland.
Buying from a dealer in Northern Ireland - bell boy
yep
keep the number plate if you like it or swap for a home one if you dont
good luck
enjoy the trip
Buying from a dealer in Northern Ireland - WorkshopTech
Well its part of UK. But long way to take it back if there's a fault and they want opportunity to fix it. Also I think some consumer laws are different in NI, but dont know what the differences are.
Buying from a dealer in Northern Ireland - maz64
At the risk of stating the obvious, it's a long way to go (and an even longer way home) if it turns out to be not quite what you thought it was going to be... How can you be sure? Are cars generally that much cheaper in NI ie. is there another reason for the 2k saving?
Buying from a dealer in Northern Ireland - loskie
Our local dealer is doing this. SW Scotland/Carlisle based.

www.border-cars.co.uk/mitsubishi-outlander.htm
Buying from a dealer in Northern Ireland - sarmes
Thanks for the quick replies already :-)

The cars are pre-reg 2009 so probably done just before the end of the year to make up their numbers, so they only have 10miles on the clock.

It's is a long way for sure which is why I'm really putting out feelers for feedback as it's not something I'd thought of doing before, but the dealers in England can't get close from I can see and unfortunatley I can't make use of scrappage deals as my current cars isn't old enough.