Parkint Ticket-Private land - bogart
Over the weekend I went to a local retail park (Curry's, Carphone Warehouse etc). When I returned to my vehicle it had a parking ticket on the windscreen for parking in a disabled bay without badge. I had not noticed a wheelchair painted on the bay so technically they are correct (before those who critisise me for doing this, I genuinely did not notice and I would NEVER knowingly park in a disabled bay).

The car park is patrolled by Local Parking Services, I assume on behalf of the retailers. On the ticket it gives me an opportunity to either pay £30-00 within 7 days or after that the full fee of £50-00 becomes due. After 14 days it states that enforcement will be taken to recover the costs. The ticket has my make and reg number (but no model or colour) on it, date/time and nature of offence. There are warning signs at various points in the car park.

Does anybody know if they can enforce this and do I really have to pay.

Many thanks.
Parkint Ticket-Private land - Jonathan {p}
If there are signs and they are in correct locations (height above ground level and not obstructed) then I think that they have you bang to rights. Better to take the small fine and put it down to experience.
Parkint Ticket-Private land - The Watcher
Pay up.

And yes they can enforce it. Do you think you could park on someone's driveway for free to?

Parkint Ticket-Private land - Bromptonaut
There was a thread a few weeks ago about getting tickets for parking in the wrong zone at at motorway services. Concensus was that they can show reason to trace you through DVLA, they can then sue in the county court on the basis that by entering the car park you accept the tems and conditions. If they do they can claim the court fees and probably "fixed costs" for issuing the summons etc. They might give it up as a bad job if you fight or ignore it but don't count on that happening.

You could try a letter in mitigation to the management company, but unless there is some evident defficiency in the signage then you are probably best chalking it down to experience and paying the thirty quid.
Parkint Ticket-Private land - DavidHM
And when you're paying the fine, write a thank you note that it's only £30. I accept that you wouldn't do it deliberately but the parking people have no way of checking that and the result is the same for the disabled person it allegedly protects. I know it's harsh but it's not worth fighting in this case.