02 1.4 buying and fitting a new battery - alan kearn
The recent cold weather has shown that the battery on my 2002 1.4 tdi Polo is getting a little tired so I am going buy a new one.
I want one of good quality so I have checked out my local VW dealer who with fitting
wants a total of £150 (£133 + £17) for a 72 amp battery.
Halfords want £95 + £5 fitted for a 70 amp battery.
I am confident of the quality of the battery from the VW dealers but how good are the
batteries from Halfords, am I correct in thinking that a difference of the amp hours
(70/72) of these batteries is negligeable .
If I do find or anyone knows of a quality battery from elseware and I have to fit it myself am I likely to mess up the electrics when I disconnect the old battery and reconnect the old one.
One problem I have heard of is having to put a live feed to the radio so you dont
have to mess about recoding it, how do you go about this and any other tips if needed
would be appreciated.

Thanks
02 1.4 buying and fitting a new battery - WorkshopTech
Frankly both of those prices seem excessive.

Try a local motor factor (not a high street shop, but a place that the trade use). We use Yuasa and Bosch.

Fitting should be a piece of cake. Just open the battery cover and carefully disconnect the terminals. At the outside lower front of the battery box is a nut - undo it to release the battery clamp and then swap the batteries over.

Radio and adaptatations should be OK. If you are very nervous then strap another battery across the power leads using a set of jump leads. But this shouldnt be necessary.
02 1.4 buying and fitting a new battery - Englishbullterrier
Varta are also EXCELLENT batteries. I recently bought the E11 from their Blue range and it start my diesel here at -25c.....

Please refer to this link for more information -

www.battery2u.co.uk/Car-Batteries/Varta-Car-Batter...1