Just about to p-ex car, neighbour drives into it! - cheddar

Yep, our neighbour has driven into our Clio, the front wing (plastic) has retained its shape though is scuffed with a few small cracks.

He has offered insurance details etc though I have said that in addition to a quote for repair I will get an idea as to huw much the p-ex value is effected if it were not repaired.

I understand that cracks in the plastic can be repaired by a bodyshop experinced in such things, any ideas?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.
Just about to p-ex car, neighbour drives into it! - Nsar
Do you know anyone in the trade? When we were selling my wife's car £400 did a comprehensive job of clearing up scuffs and scrapes inc. cracked paintwork on plastic bumpers.

Unless it's a big job I think the insurance hit on excess and renewal will be more than the cost of a quicky repair
Just about to p-ex car, neighbour drives into it! - martint123
Unless it's a big job I think the insurance hit on excess and renewal will
be more than the cost of a quicky repair

Not when claiming of the other insurer.

Some of the "smart" repairers do a very good job on plastic repairs.

Edited by martint123 on 01/02/2010 at 10:47

Just about to p-ex car, neighbour drives into it! - David Horn
>> Unless it's a big job I think the insurance hit on excess and renewal
will
>> be more than the cost of a quicky repair
Not when claiming of the other insurer.

You'll pay for it regardless - remember that insurance companies ask for details of any incidents regardless of fault? I would certainly expect them to load the premium accordingly.
Just about to p-ex car, neighbour drives into it! - spikeyhead {p}
Was he a bus driver?

I'd just get the buyer to amend the PX price accordingly and put it in writing, then ask your neighbour if he wants to pay that or go through the rigmarole of an insurance claim.
Just about to p-ex car, neighbour drives into it! - spikeyhead {p}
and just after the edit facility runs out then I realised that it was AE, not chedder who scratched a bus
Just about to p-ex car, neighbour drives into it! - Nickdm
Look on the bright side: imagine how you'd be feeling if the neighbour had crashed in to the new car that replaces the Clio!
Just about to p-ex car, neighbour drives into it! - Altea Ego
The type of plastic in clios wings is not good for repairs, its very flexible.

They are however cheap to replace (30 quid for new wing, 60 quid to spray it (off car)) and real easy to replace.

Ps sorry Ched - I had to laugh,

pps I more than scratched the bus.

Thanks all, the "smart" repairer idea is a good one!

I have got one quote in, £300 for a new wing fitted and painted, reckons it is repairable though the labour cost outweighs the parts cost.

I need to get hold of a smart repairer, any recommendations in the South West?