Accord Dtec Auto - five months in - Gotanoldhondar
Hello to all

I am an occasional visitor to this forum and are far from being an expert on all things motoring,but do enjoy reading and learning from some more knowledgeable folk on here,so as i embark upon paternity leave i have escaped nappy duties to give you my honest opinions on our family wagon and daily workhorse the Honda Accord Dtec auto saloon in light metallic grey,my last car was red and i did not want black or silver also grey hides the dirt pretty good.

This is the first Honda i have had,i got an auto because i do quite a few miles 18300 thus far
and find manuals too much like hard work in heavy traffic,unlike the auto which is smooth and relaxing,for a big car the Honda has a surprisingly light feel to its handling,the ride is a bit harsh and fidgety if you are looking for a smooth ride this is not it although its far from uncomfortable as the seats are the best i have had in a car.

The Accord has a lot of kit ,satnav,bluetooth and reverse camera being the most useful ones day to day so i think its good value compared to others. Fuel economy sits around 40/41mpg and the best i have seen is 46mpg mixed driving.

I bought this car to be a reliable workhorse for at least five years and after five months it has been problem free as you would expect,it is not the best looking car out there but who cares it fits our needs as a big functional family car.

Likes Dislikes

Gearbox No spare wheel
Light doors for loading Slightly vulgar front end
Big boot Noisy at idle
Seats Ride could be softer
Quiet engine once warm
Motorway cruising
No model badges on boot
Accord Dtec Auto - five months in - Bill Payer
Thanks for that.
I've been thinking of the recently released auto version of the CRV diesel but I read a roadtest and it didn't sound too good at all, with the auto box impacting performance and MPG far too much and not having good changes.
Accord Dtec Auto - five months in - Pica
I have test driven the Diesel Auto CRV and like you I had read the roadtest and thought it was going to be much worse than the Accord Tourer. I found it wasn't. I thought the auto fitted the CRV very well and I found my test drive very relaxed and the power felt very similar to the Accord. The only disappointment (if any) was there are no paddle changers on the steering wheel and I believe the glove box is not refrigerated.

Very nice car indeed.
Accord Dtec Auto - five months in - Bill Payer
Thanks - it was the talk of sub-30 MPG that put me off, plus, IIRC, comments about there bing a lot of wind noise at speed and the ride not being very good.
Accord Dtec Auto - five months in - Pica
I have averaged 40/41MPG in the Accord. The best I achieved was 56 (driving Miss Daisy style 55 - 60 MPH). I have had cause to travel between Bracknell and Cardiff a lot this last few months and if I stay around 65 -70MPH it would achieve 42MPG (brimmed) but if you want to get a real move on it will drop to to around 32MPG (brimmed). My accord has 6500 miles on it so far.

If you take it easy the fuel economy can be quite good

My previous petrol auto CRV2 averaged 30.1 MPG over 24000 miles.

Accord Dtec Auto - five months in - Gotanoldhondar

I don't know about the CRV but the Accord is quiet at speed with little wind noise, apart from the driver...