03 1.4 Battery warning light fault/central locking - Fiddy Shilling
Lately I have had a couple of problems with my C3. Just after Christmas the battery warning light came on, so I had a new battery fitted. However, about a week later the warning light came back on, so I returned to the garage and they replaced the battery again.

They ran a check on the first replacement battery and told me that it checked out fine and that the alternator was OK too.

On Saturday the warning light returned, so I went back to the garage again and was told that the only thing left was a diagnostic check (which they were unequipped to do).

The strangest thing about this though is that my central locking is not working properly - it only locks the driver's side doors. Is that related to the battery light problem, or just a bizarre coincidence?

I have booked my car in to a local garage who said they would have a look at it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be a main dealer job.

Any insight into what might be causing these problems would be greatly appreciated.
03 1.4 Battery warning light fault/central locking - tobybowes
I dont have the answer to your question but as it happens i purchased a 53 plate C3 Tdi LS and my issue may relate.

On a few occasions once i have unlocked the car the battery charge light starts flashing (before key is in the ignition) although it generally starts first time (but does sometimes struggle). Once the car has been running for half hour or more the light issue dissapears for a few days. I believe its a relatively new battery aswell.

The reason ive put this as a reply though is because my central locking is also affected. It has a problem unlocking remotely using the key-button on several occasions (especially when the car is cold), and if you unlock using the key-in-door it only unlocks the drivers door and does not operate the central locking (unlocking all doors and boot). Ive had the battery replaced in the key with no result.

Does this sound like the problem you were/are having? Did you find an answer? Did replacing the main battery affect the service/mileage clock as ive heard this can be an issue aswell.

Thanks in advance.