LDV Maxus Minibus help - Sah1952
I own a 2007 Maxus Minibus and 5 weeks ago the EDC light came on putting the vehicle into limp mode.The vehicle was submitted to an LDV dealership and I was told that it required a new electronic accelerator pedal. Unfortunately nobody has a pedal. Unipart are saying that they have over 60 requests for the pedal and there is no hope of finding one due to LDV going out of business. The part is made by Hella but they were produced by LDV under licence. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 12/01/2010 at 18:51

LDV Maxus Minibus help - piston power
Can this not be repaired by Hella or a good auto electrician?

I know you probably want it replaced under warranty but if not available then a repair will get you back on the road.
LDV Maxus Minibus help - touchbase
Try the Community Transport Association, they must have had members in the same situation. They are the main voluntary sector advisor.
www.ctauk.org/
LDV Maxus Minibus help - injection doc
try BBA-reman in kent. they may be able to repair or try and pursuade them it may be in their interest to fix

www.bba-reman.com/uk/index.aspx
LDV Maxus Minibus help - jc2
Many LDV parts were sourced from Ford.
LDV Maxus Minibus help - freddy1
Many LDV parts were sourced from Ford>

and many from cardboard

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 12/01/2010 at 21:07

LDV Maxus Minibus help - FotheringtonThomas
I was told that it required a new electronic accelerator pedal.

That's an easy thing to say - but what is wrong with it? Couldn't it be fixed, rather than replaced? How do these things work?
LDV Maxus Minibus help - Dave_TD
How long before SAAB owners find themselves in this kind of predicament?

(To the OP: try to find a friendly workshop technician at a former LDV dealer who's done the right courses on the Maxus in the past and see if s/he can repair/bodge the throttle potentiometer.)
LDV Maxus Minibus help - Roly93
>> I was told that it required a new electronic accelerator pedal. That's an easy thing to say - but what is wrong with it? Couldn't it be fixed, rather than replaced? How do these things work?

My guess would be that it is a sealed potentiometer with a carbon track which ius either dirty or worn out causing erratic or lack of signals to the ecu causing limp-home mode. If it can be opened up, maybe - just maybe it can be cleaned.

LDV Maxus Minibus help - stewarty947

Thanks i had the same problem so i went to daf trucks and got one however it cost £63.38 including vat ,the bad news is that it only lasted 5 1/2 months and has failed . i am off today to daf to see if they will exchange it . i will update .