Incorrect DVLA mileage record - assad3121
Hi guys and gals.

I need help to point me in the right direction. I have just purchased a 2006 Boxster with 26000 miles on the clock. I have the service history and the MOT. All confirm mileage is accurate. However, on carrying out a HPI check, the results bring up an entry to say that the mileage is 126, 000 miles in September 2009. The source of this information is DVLA. It is wrong and not one of those cases where mileage has been clocked etc etc.

My question is how can I get the DVLA entry removed? Anyone with any previous experience in this?

I will appreciate any guidance.

Thanks
Incorrect DVLA mileage record - bell boy
how do you know it is wrong if you only have the service history and mot"s
maybe the first owner used it in the cannonball run?
Incorrect DVLA mileage record - assad3121
because in August 09 it had 25,000 and dvla shows 126000 in september 09. Also, Porsche have confirmed from their records that 26000 is correct. They monitor all thir cars and have a 'black box' like many other companys.
Incorrect DVLA mileage record - miata
Contacting the DVLA and asking them the procedure might be a good starter.
Incorrect DVLA mileage record - Harleyman
DVLA typo. Anyone who's moved house will know they're not exactly uncommon.

In this case the discrepancy over the timespan is so vast that there HAS to be a mistake at their end.
Incorrect DVLA mileage record - bazomis
Check it against the National Mileage Register (NMR). This is maintained and updated by HPI (may involve doing an HPI check if not done one already). If this shows the same discrepancy, send to DVLA with covering letter. If this fails, DVLA has a complaints procedure you need to follow. See www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/contactus/if_things_go_wrong.a...x