07 1.9 windscreen washers freezing up - bud2go

washers are freezing up even if sitting in the car with the engine on and heater on windows. i am a taxi driver and I am wondering if this is a problem with passats as my wife has a hyundi i30 and she has had no problems in this weather.
used anti freeze only thing that works is pouring hot water over nozzle and pipes
07 1.9 windscreen washers freezing up - gordonbennet
Does the passat have pipes clipped to the wipers themselves..if so i find this type of washer gets frozen up far too easily even if you run very strong solution in the reservoir...these have become the norm on modern trucks and like many other modern trends are about as much use as a chocolate teapot when you really need them.

Even if the pipes are clear water drops freeze over the ends of the nozzles, and wind chill which doesn't exist..;) helps to make this worse.

The old fashioned jets in the bonnet are still the best for very cold weather, engine heat keeps them defrosted whenever you slow down in the traffic...heated washer jets help but obviously not fitted to all cars.

Ilawys keep a sqeezy bottle full of water with a few drops of washing up liquid for such things...when at traffic lights for example uou can lean out and gice the screen a quick blast...needs must, it may not look cool but it works.
07 1.9 windscreen washers freezing up - Alby Back
it may not look cool but it works.

I've been known to use my son's water pistol in such circs. Wouldn't recommend waving anything which looks too much like a gun out the window mind. Upsets some people....