Engine starts but not run - Gazza
Dear all,

I have a Nissan QX (95) which runs wonderfully until now. It has done 95k miles so I decided to add in some injectors cleaners.

I waited until an empty tank, put in 400ml of Forte fuel injector cleaner with about 40 litres of petrol. Then the problem starts. Every morning & first start of the day, the engine will start straight away but will stall straight away. I need to hold the throttle down to keep it running for about 2-3 seconds before the engine can idle on its own.

Subsequent starting are all fine and the engine runs smoothly at all other times.

Could the problem be the injector cleaners or my engine? What other the problems shold I worry about?

Thanks,
Garrison
Engine starts but not run - Mike H
It is possible that the injector cleaner has worked perfectly - it could have dissolved some crud in the tank, pump or fuel lines which is now blocking a fuel line or injector is my guess. I've used an injector cleaner (Redex high-performance) & my Saab was transformed (for the better, in my case).
Engine starts but not run - Gazza
I'll wait and see how well the car goes on the next tank of fuel. How many miles has your Saab done?
Engine starts but not run - Mike H
199,435 miles as at this morning! I ran it through at about 195,000.