00 1.0 Changing radio for CD/radio - statictom
I have just bought my teenage daughter a Corsa B (W Reg - 2000). It is fitted with a radio cassette which she wants to change for a Ministry of Sound radio/CD player )pink).
I tried Halfords to arrange fitting and they say to come back after Christmas. Its meant for her Xmas present so I want to try it myself.
I have the necessary removal keys, also an aerial adapter (if needed) and an ISO adapter (if needed). I found a useful video clip on the internet showing how to remove the radio and fit a new one. My problem is I`m told it could effect the dash display for day/time/temp etc. I`m worried in case I ruin something.
Anyone know it this will be the case, or is it as easy as its made out to be.
00 1.0 Changing radio for CD/radio - Dynamic Dave
Yes, fitting a non standard Vauxhall stereo will lose the remote display functions. Some aftermarket branded stereos can be connected to the display with the right adapters though.

IMHO, you'd be far better off getting a Vauxhall stereo off of somewhere like ebay (make sure they provide the security code). Something like a CDR500 and it will then be plug and play.
00 1.0 Changing radio for CD/radio - elekie&a/c doctor
Fitting a non std radio is fairly easy.As suggested you will lose the tuner display but the time and outside temp will remain.The new stereo will need the permanent and key on power supplies reversed ,this is usually made simple by swapping the power leads on the stereo connector lead.hth
Thanks for the advise folks - finally got it done and was able to do it myself. Works a treat - daughter well pleased.
Thanks for that - daughter complicated matters by wanting a PINK radio/cd. But once again thanks for the advice.