00 2.0 front and rear wipers not working at all. - pug1972
my HDI estate front and rear wipers are not working at all.checked the fuses and all are fine there and even took out the BSI unit to check for water leakages but there is none there.everything is working apart from these wipers which are giving me headaches.the fuses in engine fusebox there are all ok and can someone advice me where to go from here to eliminate this problem that is causing sleepless nights for me.shall i attempt a direct connection to the front wipers to check if the motor is fine likewise with the rear wiper motor as well.does anyone think maybe its the earthing problem affecting both wiper motors.
i opened the driver's side footwell carpet to check for the multiconnectors there if there has been some corrosion and rust on them but i found out that all the wires were bridged directly and there are no longer any multi connectors and it was done professionally so im dumbfounded as were to start and go in order to fix this problem
ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE WELCOME.
00 2.0 front and rear wipers not working at all. - ex-Triumph man
Not having even sat in the car you have never mind worked on one, I am not aware of where the switches are for the wipers. If the front and rear wipers are controlled off the same column stock, I would think that could be the link which controls the two motors.
thanks for the suggestion im thinking of trying to eliminate the problem by having a look on the wipers stalk to find whether there is any voltage feed from it to the wiper motors as well.the problem is the stalk has trip computer button on it and and if i press it its actually working through the multifunction display panel and the if i press the stalk the rear and front washer pumps are spraying water on both windscreen so at first i didnt decide to go into that area but i would think thats should be another area to test with a multimeter and check for any linkage and direct voltage supply .
any suggestions would be welcome
00 2.0 front and rear wipers not working at all. - Mick Snutz
stalks on Pugs have a habit of going haywire.
I had a dodgy indicator unit which I managed to change easily having got the part from GSF on line.
Not sure what the unit looks like on the wipers side of things but if you can establish there is power going to the motors front and rear then it looks like the wiper unit as a whole needs replacing.
00 2.0 front and rear wipers not working at all. - 659FBE
No experience with the 406 but plenty with a 106 - which uses a Valeo column switch.

Front and rear wipers highly intermittent so after voltage checks at the motor, switch removed for investigation. Easy job, good design as switch just clears housing for removal once shrouds removed.

The switch itself is held together with 2 Torx screws and a few plastic latches and comes apart very easily. The cause of failure was immediately obvious and easily fixed.

Valeo had assembled this switch with mineral grease. The switch is quite well made and consists of copper stamped "tracks" with spring-loaded plungers working on their edges. The whole lot was tarnished beyond belief due to the wrong grease being used.

The track edges were scraped bright with a screwdriver and the plunger tips polished bright with emery. All the old grease was flushed out and replaced with white petroleum jelly ("Vaseline" in the UK).

Reassembly fully straightforward and instant cure - all wipers and washers function properly.

My design experience has taught me never to use mineral grease on electrical contacts for this very reason - petroleum jelly is fine.

hie guys many thanks for your advices unfortunately wiper stalk and all the motors are working perfectly well.i took it on a dedicated scanner and all the live feeds were tested and found out to be OK unfortunately there is no communication between the BSI unit and the wipers and therefore i was recommended to take the car to a dedicated peugeot dealer to reconfigure the BSI unit and download the software to it in order for the wipers to work
it seems im gonna shell out top dollar to the dealers and get myself ripped to shreds