03 2.2 Tailgate Jammed Shut - ticket to ride
Tailgate is jammed shut (although I can open it from inside the car) The tailgate warning light is illuminated on the dash - Car is 6 years old purchased used from the main Honda Dealer in Chiswick London - full service history at main dealer and less than 65000 miles.

What chances have I got on a goodwill claim from Honda UK ?? My research shows that the electronic tailgate give problems on this car ( it was modified on the 2005Y versions) I'm also told I could be in for a several hundred pounds costs via the main dealer.

Any information greatly appreciated ......... Thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/12/2009 at 12:53

03 2200 Tailgate Jammed Shut - bell boy
you say it works internally so that must be via cable
that would mean that its possibly the servo and micra switch at fault so its possible these are replaceable if you strip it down and have a look
i cant imagine a car coming up to 7 years old on a serviceable part like electric servos would be covered by any kind of manufacturers goodwill but hey
why not try
of course they might give you the part and just charge the labour,this was the way i used to like it as i swung the lead
03 2.2 Tailgate Jammed Shut - Brit_in_Germany
This happened to my Accord though while still under guarantee. The control unit was replaced twice and when it happened a third time, the mechanic actually took some time to investigate the problem. An adjustment of the catch position solved the problem permanently. Not being able to open the tailgate except by crawling inside and flicking a lever was a real design failure.

BIG
03 2.2 Tailgate Jammed Shut - shepherd

Hi, I know it's a year later but I'd be interested to hear any further progress on this problem. The tailgate on my Tourer has failed twice. Honda says the part that has failed on my car - the power closer unit - is not covered by its extended warranty. We have already paid once to have it fixed and it has happened again but Honda are still refusing to help and say we have to pay £450. The problem is that the tailgate won't shut unless you crawl into the boot and lock it manually - which is a complete pain. Has anyone else had this exact same problem but had it repaired under the extended warranty?

Thanks

Shepherd

03 2.2 Tailgate Jammed Shut - philcollins

Not sure if yours is the same problem but two days ago my tailgate refused to move under its own power or lock - i had to do a twenty mile trip with it unlatched . I sorted the problem by doing the following:

Under the bonnet there should be a dedicated fuse box about 2 inches square mounted directly aft of the main fuse box on the deisel model. It should have a couple of tailgate motifs on it. Take the top off and remove and check the two fuses and the larger box fuse. Mine were all ok but removing them seems to reset the controller - It all works OK now.

There is also a fuse in the interior fuse panel by the drivers (RHS) footwell. Slide the lid off and check the 7.5 amp fuse number 21.

Hope this helps

Phil